Poulter Park is named after Reginald Poulter, a co-donor, who was a local architect in the first half of the 20th century. The site was developed as a public park in1925.
It was located around Bishopsford House, which first appeared on an OS map in 1878, but burned down in 2001. It has late-19th century parkland around its site and avenues leading to the site of the house.
The Wandle Trail runs through the park beside the River Wandle Recent works, under the auspices of the Mayor’s Big Green Fund, have seen improved pathways and habitats for people and wildlife.
Today, Poulter Park is home ground to Croydon Camogie Club and it has a children’s play park and rugby ground as well as the Tooting and Mitcham Community Sports Club.