This mill was situated on the Wandle on the east side of Wandle Road, Beddington, where the last building on the site, a corn mill erected in about 1850, still stands. The early history of the mill is uncertain.
It was probably one of the four mills at Beddington recorded in the Domesday survey of 1086. It is likely that it was one of the two mills which Sir Francis Carew owned in 1610, when he was a signatory to a petition to the Lord Chancellor against a proposal to extract water from the Wandle.
The current building was recently converted to flats.